We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Water Temperature in Avalon right now?

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Water Temperature in Avalon right now?

The wife and I are head to Avalon for a 3 day weekend this weekend, and would like to do a little swimming and maybe some light snorkeling. We are hoping for comfortable water temps.

Ocean water here in Newport Beach took a plunge recently with that strong west wind (down to the low 60's), but has been crawling back up. It is 67 degrees today.

How are things in Avalon?

Mentioned in this post
The Avalon Hotel
The Avalon Hotel
700 Reviews
Catalina Island, CA
Newport Beach
Newport Beach
Orange County, CA
San Diego, Ca.
Level Contributor
14 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Water Temperature in Avalon right now?

8/15/11 - I found 57 degree water temp on the Catalina Express Website (Webcam)!

Too cold for me!

Mentioned in this post
Catalina Express
Catalina Express
981 Reviews
Long Beach, CA
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,951 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Water Temperature in Avalon right now?

still cool, looks like you'll need a spring suit at least for going in the water:

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/PZ/655.html

It's cooled off a lot here in Malibu too, which is a shame, as the water had warmed up nicely until about 2 weeks ago 8-(

Mentioned in this post
Malibu
Malibu
California
3. Re: Ocean Water Temperature in Avalon right now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Avalon