We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Rancho Cordova...
5 posts
Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

My 2 girlfriends and I are going to Catalina Island in July for a few days. At Metropole, we can get a Deluxe room w/ a King bed and a roll away bed. At Hotel Vista Del Mar, we can get a Courtyard room w/ a Queen bed and a pull out twin. What would you recommend?

9 replies to this topic
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,824 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Hotel Metrople is a much newer and nicer hotel. The rooms in the courtyard at Vista Del Mar are pretty small and I cannot imagine 3 people in there. It's an OK hotel and we have stayed there (in one of their suites). The courtyard is cute and they have a free continental breakfast. But I remember the location at Vista Del Mar being a bit noisy. I think Hotel Metrople will give you more room.

Rancho Cordova...
5 posts
2. Re: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Thanks!. Do you think 3 ppl would fit a Deluxe room at Metropole?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,824 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

I think the rooms are larger at Metropole but I've never stayed there. We usually rent a condo at Hamilton Cove.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,824 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Looking at the websites of both hotels, the Deluxe Rooms at Hotel Metrople are definitely bigger and much, much nicer. It's a newer hotel. You will definitely have more room at Metrople.

https://www.hotel-metropole.com/guest-rooms/

https:/…

https:/…

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,877 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

We went one July when it was really hot. The hotel did not have a/c (many don't) but it did not have windows facing the ocean for any breeze. The door and window faced a narrow enclosed courtyard looking into other rooms. Needed to keep both open for any Air. Walls paper thin.

Suggest the Metropole as it's newer and nicer.

SB
Level Contributor
274 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

I stayed at Hotel Vista Del Mar in May 2016. It was a very nice, but small room, Perfect for two people. AC worked fine. Bathroom was small, but the sink/mirror area is outside of the shower/toilet so it worked out ok. They have a courtyard deluxe that has more room than the regular courtyard (one king bed, one pull out sofa). I am staying at the Metropole in three weeks in a Deluxe sleeper. I called to make sure I have 2 beds. I will let you know how it compares!

Plainview, Minnesota
2 posts
7. Re: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Hey Carmen how was the Metropole?

SB
Level Contributor
274 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Metropole was wonderful. I had Room 206 or 207. Room was large. Faces the back entrance to Vons so you could sometimes hear the trucks delivering ( this did not disturb me). Bathroom was good size with the vanity/ sink area on the outside of the toilet/ shower. All updated. The elevator only goes from the ground floor (1) to the second floor lobby. We used the stairs except when we had luggage. If you have mobility issues you should request the second floor. The AC unit only works when it is very warm outside ( I believe it said it only comes on if outside temperature is over 73 or something like that). I was there in May and temps were 68 and under so I can’t vouch for how well the ac works. I like my Room Cool so I was glad I had brought a small fan. The hotel has a fun, good sized arcade and mini bowling area. If you have kids they will love this. We enjoyed it too lol. Great time at the Metropole and would stay there again.

Plainview, Minnesota
2 posts
9. Re: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Thank you

Reply to: Metropole vs. Hotel Vista Del Mar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Avalon