We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Arlington Cemetery/Mt. Vernon-do-able?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Arlington Cemetery/Mt. Vernon-do-able?

We are going to the internment of a family member in Arlington Cemetery in 9 days on a Tues. As we are traveling with a 8 and 10 year old, I would like to combine the long car trip with something for them. Can anyone recommend a hotel near Arlington for the service on Tues?

Also, what would you recommend for kids this age - the Smithsonian, or Mt. Vernon? I usually troll this website but am exhaused with the funeral preparations. Thank you for any advice.

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,381 Reviews
from US$13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from US$150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from US$18.20*
US$24.26
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Arlington Cemetery/Mt. Vernon-do-able?

Hotels recommended recently Westin Arlington Gateway

Close by hotels Rosslyn Holiday Inn, Key Bridge Marriott, Best Western Rosslyn

I would choose an activity for your children based on their interests. If they like planes, science etc. I would go to the Smithsonian. If they really like history I would go to Mt. Vernon.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Arlington Cemetery/Mt. Vernon-do-able?

Thank you for your reply, it has helped me greatly.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,366 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Arlington Cemetery/Mt. Vernon-do-able?

many hotels in crystal city. just stayed at Hampton Inn for same reason. my brother in law had a suite so their kid had a separate room for about $100 including breakfast. We were 5 minutes from Arlington.

as for stuff to do- Air and Space and/or Natural History museum if weather is iffy. MV on a nice day with a boat ride on the Potomac if you have a great weather day- which is possible the way this winter has been.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Arlington Cemetery/Mt. Vernon-do-able?

There are several good options - we can make hotel suggestions for you given your exact dates of travel, nightly budget in USD, and # of guests

5. Re: Hotel/Arlington Cemetery/Mt. Vernon-do-able?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:18