We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dessert

canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
dessert

I know this is an odd question but I found a restaurant website that mentioned a delicious dessert (at least it sounded great for a chocolate fan!) but I didn't write down the info. You guessed it ... now I can't find it again! Can anyone make any guesses from the following clues ... it's a popular restaurant, can be noisy, the dessert is a chocolate "soup" with cake surrounded by the choc sauce sitting on marshmallow. I know this is a long shot but maybe someone has had this dessert!

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,381 Reviews
from US$13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from US$150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from US$18.20*
US$24.26
suburban DC
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dessert

This is a DC question?

canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dessert

Yes. We are visiting in July and I really want to find that restaurant.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dessert

That doesn't ring a bell, but if you're looking for chocolate desserts in DC, check out:

http://www.cocosala.com/

canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dessert

Thanks. I checked out the site and it seems that this place might require more than one visit!!!!! Desserts and cafes are always a part of my vacations, especially desserts that are unique to the place I'm visiting.

texas
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dessert

I looked and googled your description. Nothing came up. Too bad. I am there in July and that dessert sounds fabulous. Hopefully someone will recognize it and come forward!

To tbwhall, have you gone to the cocosala place? It sounded good but when I looked on TA reviews there were several that mentioned it is a snooty atmosphere. Don't want to go if it is the kind of place where that kind of attitude is, but if you have gone and think its a good place I will take your advice and go. You have given me many other great comments so far in planning my July trip, so will trust you on this place if you say its good.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dessert

Check the reviews on Yelp instead for Coco Sala--I don't think TripAdvisor's restaurant reviews are as accurate as other reviews on this site, unfortunately. I can't remember if you're traveling with a family or not--it is kind of a chocolate lounge/bar, not really appropriate for kids. But for adults, I think it's a unique DC destination if you're looking for a cocktail and a sweet bite. There are better places to eat dinner, however.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
663 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dessert

I definitely agree with tbwhall on the recommendation to use yelp for restaurants, not TA...at least if you consider yourself a "foodie" or sorts. TA restaurant reviews tend to be by visitors who have been to a restaurant once, and could be hit or miss based on their expectations. Yelp will give you a much better rounded picture.

canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dessert

I'm still searching for the dessert restaurant in my original question,however in my search I found the Acacia Bistro which has some interesting desserts as well.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: dessert

I found the below description on a Washington Post review. The restaurant however, is not in Washington, DC, but in Clifton, VA. Do you think that could be it?

…whose chocolate soup is both elegant and playful (who could resist warm melted chocolate pooled around chocolate cake, and sorbet set on marshmallow?)….

Trummer's on Main

washingtonpost.com/gog/…critic-review.html

Edited: 13 May 2010, 17:46
suburban DC
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dessert

Next stop - Clifton! :-)