We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a 3br condo for a week in/near Washington

Trinity, AL
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Need a 3br condo for a week in/near Washington

I am travelling with my family to Washington in October. We are looking at a 3br rental at the Wyndham National Harbour. I have read the reviews on it and unerstand its location and local ammenities are the drawbacks. The plus is that I can get a 3br for much less than I can get 3 hotel rooms for. I will be driving to DC, so I will have my own car.

What kind of driving time can I expect into the city each day (to the tourist attractions. It appears to be interstate most of the way there. I realize that it will depend on the time of day, but some good estimates is all I am looking for. My understanding is that there are many parking garages available. I am expecting to pay 20-30/day for parking in the city. Is this about right? Once we are there and parked. I expect to use the metro/busses to get around. Is there a safe metro station that I could park at a little cheaper that is not too far from the tourist area?(I dont want to spend 30 minutes on the metro to save myself $10 in parking)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,254 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Need a 3br condo for a week in/near Washington

If you have your own car and can wait until the commuter traffic has calmed, it is not a bad drive into DC from National Harbor. Pretty straightforward actually. You can also get over to Old Town Alexandria quickly for more choices of restaurants and shopping than the National Harbor offers.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Need a 3br condo for a week in/near Washington

Think your best bet for parking is the garage at Union Station, the in-town transportation hub for Amtrak, commuter train, and Metrorail (subway) service; rates & directions on these pages:

www.unionstationdc.com/directions.aspx…

http://www.unionstationdc.com/directions.aspx

Trinity, AL
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Need a 3br condo for a week in/near Washington

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

4. Re: Need a 3br condo for a week in/near Washington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 06:17