We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend me a hotel not far from Union Station?

Bronnoysund, Norway
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Can you recommend me a hotel not far from Union Station?

Hi all.

I'm going to Washington DC on June 8. for one night only. I'm hoping to find a nice, clean hotelroom with private bath. My budget is no more than $200, tax included. Is this even possible?

I've been looking around for a while, and rooms are starting to get sold out or they are to expensive for me.

Other areas could be of interest, but I do prefer something close to Union Station.

Thanks.

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley...
1,381 Reviews
from US$13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from US$150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from US$18.20*
US$24.26
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you recommend me a hotel not far from Union Station?

There are five choices in the immediate area:

Washington Court Hotel

Hyatt Regency

Phoenix Park

Capitol Hill Liaison

Hotel George

You're most likely to get a good deal at the Liaison. Check travelzoo.com--they often have deals listed there. If you look at Hotwire under the "Capitol Hill" area, the hotels offered in that neighborhood are usually the five listed above. Check betterbidding.com if you need more information on Hotwire.

Edited: 23 March 2010, 17:57
Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
84 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you recommend me a hotel not far from Union Station?

I got a great 48hr sale back in Feb for the upcoming cherry blossom season ($ 68.00 weekend). I checked the hotel website for Washington Court hotel and the sale started on a Tuesday.

Bronnoysund, Norway
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you recommend me a hotel not far from Union Station?

Thank you both tbwhall and spunky_spud.

The Liaison was sold out for my date and the Phoenix Park was to expensive ($330 before tax). I'll check out your other suggestions.

Thanks again.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you recommend me a hotel not far from Union Station?

If you can't find anything near Union Station, the Redroof Inn in Penn Quarter may be a possibility. You can get there by Metro.

5. Re: Can you recommend me a hotel not far from Union Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 07:18