We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington DC End of September for 1 week Near a Metro

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
30 posts
Washington DC End of September for 1 week Near a Metro

Recommendation for a hotel or Airbnb near a metro, close to Dupont give or take a few stops. Further out is fine. 2 Adults. Looking around 150/night. Would be first timer on Airbnb, any recommendations. I have looked, and they look good/great, is it real. Needs to be safe and clean, not looking for anything fancy. Thank you

Best Seller
Washington DC Monuments by Moonlight...
1,560 Reviews
from US$43.00*
Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley...
1,382 Reviews
from US$13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
338 Reviews
from US$150.00*
3 replies to this topic
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Washington DC End of September for 1 week Near a Metro

Most of the people who answer questions on this board are locals so we are not using AirBnBs etc. You would get better responses if you find a few places you are interested in and post links so people can add their opinions to specific locations.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
64 reviews
2. Re: Washington DC End of September for 1 week Near a Metro

The problem is Airbnb won't tell you where a place is located, they show a map with an extremely broad circle. The odds of some random person knowing the perfect place for you near that metro stop is unlikely.

Why are you using Airbnb rather than VRBO? I have no interest in either of them, but at least VRBO shows you pretty clearly where a place is actually located. And if you put in your filters for price and size, you can pick exact options on a map so don't waste much time. for example, here's one the only issue is that it's underground, apparently, but that happens

https://www.vrbo.com/1167277

this one is much nicer and in one of those Victorians I like

https://www.vrbo.com/420181

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Washington DC End of September for 1 week Near a Metro

I've not done airbnb in DC but I like the service though I think you need to have some basic neighborhood knowledge of the city you're visiting to think critically about which listings are a deal and which are cheap because you probably shouldn't stay there.

But in your case if we take "a few stops" to mean along the red line then I wouldn't worry too much about ending up in an unsafe area.

Reply to: Washington DC End of September for 1 week Near a Metro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted