We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bible Museum in Washington, DC

Baltimore
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Bible Museum in Washington, DC

I want to drive from Baltimore, md to the Anacostia Metro Station and then get the green line to the Bible Museum at,400 4th st. is this safe?

Best Seller
Washington DC Monuments by Moonlight...
1,560 Reviews
from US$43.00*
Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley...
1,382 Reviews
from US$13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
338 Reviews
from US$150.00*
6 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
158 posts
1. Re: Bible Museum in Washington, DC

Without commenting on safety, it will probably be faster to instead park at New Carrollton or Greenbelt. Why drive all the way to Anacostia just to backtrack?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
64 reviews
2. Re: Bible Museum in Washington, DC

I suppose in order to save money on metro fare. The fare from Anacostia will be about half that from Greenbelt.

What can we tell you, Anacostia station has a higher crime rates than others but there certainly isn't close to a 100 pct probability that you will be the victim of a crime (or that your car will be), of course. In fact, Anacostia probably has about the same crime rate as Gallery Place in DC, if you'd go there. I'd park in Anacostia, especailly if returning in daytime The Bible Museum area is certainly safe enough during daylight. Why don't you just drive the entire way, that area is a bit off the beaten track and you could be able to find parking on the street there or just a few blocks south of there, easily. That's what I would do (and what I have done).

Otherwise, and the reason is to save metro fare, I think Anacostia is safe enough but you will have to transfer, it's not on the same metro line. New Carrollton is. Anacostia was the number 2 station for crime in 2016, but Gallery Place was number 3, after all (Minnesota Ave was top).

Springfield, VA
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
298 reviews
3. Re: Bible Museum in Washington, DC

It's possible that the reason is that the Baltimore-Washington Parkway is a straight shot to that Metro station because it turns into the Anacostia Freeway, which might save time for someone coming from Baltimore. Nonetheless, I agree that there are other ways to get to the museum that might work out better for this poster.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Bible Museum in Washington, DC

Thank you, That helped me a lot on my decision. I will drive all the way

Thanks again

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Bible Museum in Washington, DC

Is there even parking at Anacostia?

You could park for free at (most) marc stations and take commuter rail to Union Station and then make your way to the bible museum from there as well. That'd be the least amount of driving overall but probably not any cheaper at the end of the day.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Bible Museum in Washington, DC

I found that I can park within one block of the museum for $20 all day. I would rather drive since the ages of my passengers are in their late 80s and getting on and off the train or metro would be harder for them. Thanks all for your help

Reply to: Bible Museum in Washington, DC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted