We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion, Bryce or Arches?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Zion, Bryce or Arches?

If you have been to Zion, Bryce, and Arches, which one would you say is the best one to go to if you could choose only one? My husband and I will be driving through in August with our 3 kids 9,13, 19; I think we would only do 1 of these 3 parks because of time.

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Deluxe Small-Group Half-Day Hoover...
76 Reviews
from US$74.99*
US$99.00
Special Offer
Hoover Dam Tour from Las Vegas
474 Reviews
from US$56.99*
US$92.90
Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
1,747 Reviews
from US$79.99*
12 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

Driving through from where to where? One destination may make more sense than another depending on your route.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,830 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

Please share your complete itinerary.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,184 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

Yah, pretty difficult to answer this without having the context of your trip as the parks are in completely different parts of the state. As a rule of thumb, Bryce is the easiest to absorb in a short amount of time. Moab, with Arches and Canyonlands, offers the most diversity and highest level of activity and excitement.

But the determining factor will be how it fits into your itinerary as location difference from Zion/Bryce to Moab could chew up two additional driving days in your trip if it didn't fit smoothly into the rest of your plan.

Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

From Las Vegas to TGC, then ultimately on to Denver by way of Monument valley! I know that Zion & Bryce Are out of the way & Arches would be on the way (ish) but if Bryce was just loads better than Arxhes we might make it happen.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

That is still in the works but so far it’s atarting from Las Vegas airport, Hoover Dam, possibly Sedona then Up to TGC. Then from there maybe Zion and or Bryce. Then maybe Lake Powell & Horseshoe Bend. Then Monument Valley, Mesa Versa, Arches (my question), Glenwood Springs, maybe Rocky Mt Natl Park, and fly out of Denver.

Mentioned in this post
Hoover Dam
Hoover Dam
8,109 Reviews
Boulder City, NV
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Mesa
Mesa
Central Arizona, AZ
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

Thanks you! I posted some partial itinerary options in another reply so if you see that and have input feel free to share. This will be a family trip like no other.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

TGC?? The Grand Canyon or GCNP? You need to settle on a plan quickly so that you can get hotels lined up. Traveling on a “then maybe” itinerary will have without a place to sleep most nights.

If your ultimate destination after GCNP is Denver and you want to include Monument Valley and/or the Page area, you should go to Arches and Canyonlands. You would need 3 nights in Moab, a night in Page and a night at Monument Valley. If you want to include Mesa Verde, you would go there between Monument Valley and Moab. You would want two nights at Mesa Verde.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,830 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

Adding Zions and Bryce needs about 4 extra nights. 3 at Springdale and 1 at Bryce. Do you have that much time for the detour?

How much time do you actually have. The rest of your list from LV to Denver needs about 2 weeks.

Edited: 20 April 2018, 21:45
Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

We have 10 days

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zion, Bryce or Arches?

I realize we need a plan and that is what I'm trying to firm up by this weekend so we can start getting our reservations made. Thanks for the tips.

Reply to: Zion, Bryce or Arches?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted