We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusion with ATL

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Confusion with ATL

Hi, I am confused with connecting flights as it’s my first time traveling. I am arriving in IAH (Houston) from YYZ (Toronto) with a connecting flight in ATL (Alanta) that has a layover 1h11m. Is that enough time to go from Terminal I to Terminal S? (International to Domestic)

I am with Delta for both flights. Do I have to go through customs/immigration again upon arrival in Alanta if I cleared in YYZ? I am only carrying carry ons, not checking in any bags.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
778 reviews
1. Re: Confusion with ATL

You will clear US customs in Toronto so after that you just have to find your gate in Houston. I seldom fly Delta but think all Delta flights go in and out of terminal A so an hour eleven minutes should be enough time. I do fly United to and from Toronto twice a year or so and we always go through customs in Toronto and when we return the gates are not on the international terminal so assume you will find the same with Delta, that is you will arrive at terminal A in Houston and depart from the same terminal giving you plenty of time.

Lockhart, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Confusion with ATL

When you do Preclearance overseas, Dublin, Toronto, etc., and are one one ticket as you are, you don't go through it again. You should have ample time. The people carrier tram is efficient, and while the concourses are rather long, there's nothing to hold you up.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
7,061 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Confusion with ATL

You might want to post in the Atlanta forum or the Air Travel forum as you are looking for information about a connection in Atlanta, not Houston

But as already mentioned, you have pre-clearance in YYZ so you arrive as a domestic passenger into ATL, no Customs and Immigration.

Edited: 15 October 2017, 21:52
knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
149 reviews
4. Re: Confusion with ATL

Delta is in Terminal A here and it is a small operation in Houston, like maybe 10-15 gates, in one wing of A.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
3,329 reviews
5. Re: Confusion with ATL

We are Delta Medallion Members, and because you have Preclearance, there is a very good chance that you will make your gate.

Hartsfield is large with Plane Train, and Hatsfield is very logical.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Confusion with ATL

Your flight from Canada to ATL may or may not use the international terminals. You have already pre-cleared, so its just get getting to the next gate. There is a train on the lower level that runs to each terminal, very fast. As long as your not late, an hour should be more then enough time to get to your next gate, and get something to eat and drink too.

7. Re: Confusion with ATL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2018, 05:18