We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

127 Yard Sale

TN
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Topic
127 Yard Sale

Hello. I am thinking of going to the 127 Yard Sale this year. Does anyone know which towns it goes through? I have been to the website, but it does not show which towns it goes through.

Thank you for your help!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 127 Yard Sale

Go through this link and download the inside of the brochure. There's a map with all major towns listed.

http://www.127sale.com/brochure.htm

In case you can't access the brochure, towns include West Unity, Sherwood, Celina, Eaton, Hamilton, Cincinnati, Covington, Owenton, Harrodsburg, Liberty, Jamestown, Albany, Clarkrange, Crossville, Pikeville, Dunlap, Chattanooga, Mentone, and Gadsden.

The route follows the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee and Lookout Mountain through Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. There are a number of really neat natural areas right on the route, so if you're into hiking, waterfalls or scenic views you may want to do a little research into that.

TN
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 127 Yard Sale

Have you ever been? Are there any better areas or less expensive vendors? I know some of them might be a bit too high. I live in Nashville, so I would need to spend the night. Any suggestions?

Thank You

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 127 Yard Sale

We done this for the 1ST time last year. We started outside of Chattanooga (Signal Mtn. area) and went up. We ended our day in Crossville. If we go again next year we are starting in Crossville and continue north. Just about every yard had a sale even in the country. In the towns there was several sitting up at parks, etc. I did come across several good buys and we did see some that were very expensive and a few that looked like it was always a sale going on at that place. There were so many sales we didn't really have time to look real good.

I know Pikeville had a motel or two and maybe Dunlap did too. (Crossville also has motels)

Over all I was glad I went last year, all the walking we did I think we lost several pounds (LOL) and I hope I get to go this year. HTH!

4. Re: 127 Yard Sale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 06:18