We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 day Road Trip!

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
8 day Road Trip!

Hello,

Mother and I are planning to do a road trip before I start a new job in NYC. She only desires to see the Niagara Falls but I thought I could make a better itirinerary out of it. The only musts of this trip is seeing the Niagara Falls and ending the trip in NJ, since dropping the rental vehicle here is cheaper than in NY.

I’m welcome to any suggestions or changes, were also open to flying into any other airport to start the road trip from other place. Thank you!

1.Arrive in Providence, rent a car. Visit new port Rhode Island and whereabouts. Spend the first night around here.

2.Drive to Boston. Second night here

3. All day Boston. Third night here.

4. Morning drive from Boston to White mountains. Spend the fourth night around the mountains.

5.Morning drive to Niagara Falls, stop at at Albany on the way there. Possibly arriving at night so we would spend the night in the Canada side most likely. 5th night.

6.Niagara Falls all day. 6th night.

7.Start drive to NJ (must go here). Stop at corny, visit the corny museum of glass. Spend last night here.

8. Finish drive to New Jersey and end of the trip.

Mentioned in this post
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Rhode Island
Rhode Island
United States
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Albany
Albany
New York
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 day Road Trip!

Most people don't do White Mountains area AND Niagara Falls, simply too much driving. It takes about 8-9 hours to get to western NY. This is ambitious.

Mentioned in this post
White Mountains
White Mountains
New Hampshire
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 day Road Trip!

When you arrive in PVD, where are you travelling from? Is this a international flight? Any chance of flying into Buffalo and work your way back? I agree with J, this is way too ambitious. Forget White Mtns as its out of the way.

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 day Road Trip!

We have actually changed our plans and we’ll be flying into buffalo as we found cheaper flights. Even with an overnight stop in Syracuse or possibly Albany, or Corning. Would it still be too much to visit the white mountains? Any change of itinerary are welcome

Mentioned in this post
Syracuse
Syracuse
Finger Lakes, NY
Albany
Albany
New York
Corning
Corning
Finger Lakes, NY
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 day Road Trip!

Bypass the mountains, again, it's out of the way, save it for a another time. Use your time wisely, there is much to see in Boston and Newport,.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 14:56
Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Reply to: 8 day Road Trip!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted