We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadtrip NYC - Rhode Island - Cape Cod - Bosyon

Wirral
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Roadtrip NYC - Rhode Island - Cape Cod - Bosyon

We are a family of 4 (kids 12 & 7) We have a total of 11 days to do the trip and want to know how many days should be spent in each destination. I dont want to book for example 4 days in Rhode Island if theres not much to do. Problem is we are travelling the 1st 2wks in April when I know theres not a lot open.

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Roadtrip NYC - Rhode Island - Cape Cod - Bosyon

The Cape is quite seasonal, but Rhode Island and the Newport area is not, although things like boat tours in Newport open around Memorial Day, last Monday in May.

Four days could be spent in the Newport area alone, ok maybe three in April, and one day for Providence. Two days for the Cape at that time of year; Provincetown is pretty much all shut down, although there is one nice coffee shop/store open, the beaches are accessible, and very little traffic. Three days for NYC, especially if you like the city-so much fun. Two-days in Boston. IMO.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 18:05
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,138 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roadtrip NYC - Rhode Island - Cape Cod - Bosyon

At that time of year, I would spend the bulk of my time in NYC and Boston. Newport is definitely worth 2 nights (so you’ll have one full day of sightseeing without travel to or from somewhere else). I think Providence is worth a lunch stop on the way to Boston but I would not spend an overnight there.

Reply to: Roadtrip NYC - Rhode Island - Cape Cod - Bosyon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted