We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street Food in the Oil Patch

Fargo, North Dakota
Level Contributor
26 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Street Food in the Oil Patch

Going to be doing some work in northwest ND, and I've been reading about the street vendors setting up shop to feed working people--BBQ, tacos, and so on. In places like Watford, Williston, maybe others. Anyone have the skinny on this? I's like to check out some of them, see what they serve, how business is going.

ND
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street Food in the Oil Patch

Williston had a brief period street food vendors. The the city board got in a tisy and banned all street vendors in town. In fact they got out of their way to say they are all bad and unsanitary. It's s shame and I'm sure their is some political motivation.

Stanley, North...
Level Contributor
9 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street Food in the Oil Patch

I know that same thing happened in Alexander too. I was driving by there on my way to Williston from Watford, and the guy I was with said that there was some little food stand/restaurant shack thing set up a few months back. They had to close it down. The last time I was in Watford in December, I didn't see any myself, but I did see signs for these kinds of businesses.

Williston, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Street Food in the Oil Patch

What could be the reason to not have these? I was in this area a month ago and they have little to no places to eat!

North Dakota
Level Contributor
602 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Street Food in the Oil Patch

They probably did not comply with getting the appropriate licenses before opening, would be my guess of why they aren't there anymore. They need Secretary of State license for a vendor thingy that moves and then I assume the county has food safety licensing as well. They probably could have them if the owners went through the right steps.

Minot, North Dakota
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Street Food in the Oil Patch

I am one of those vendors that is trying to make it work in the oil fields. It is not easy. I have all my permits and licenses. The towns make it very hard to sell in the city limits. I am currently working to get a place to pull up and sell in one of the small towns further east and it isn't easy. I know there is a need but finding the location to sell is tough. Any advise.....I'll take it.

As far as Williston and Street Vendors, I heard today from an insurance broker that Williston is opening their streets up to Street Vendors again. I do not know the guidelines etc...but they do not have the ability to feed all the people that are there and that are moving in.

Edited: 22 March 2012, 22:34
6. Re: Street Food in the Oil Patch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about North Dakota
Recent Conversations