We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At Wave's Edge rentals via VRBO - anyone used?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
385 posts
67 reviews
At Wave's Edge rentals via VRBO - anyone used?

Hi - I booked a condo at Atlantic Beach via VRBO/Homeaway, and it is managed by At Wave's Edge - it was a little klugy in that there was a change in people I dealt with via email from initial request to booking, but they explained it got reassigned. Because of timeframe, I paid in full via credit card from Homeaway site. The Wave's Edge person, Tangie Boyd, contacted me yesterday to sign and fax a rental agreement, which does not indicate it was paid - amounts are right, but shows as balance and says I will agree to pay. I pushed back and said I won't sign until it properly reflects payment. She also asked for a $500 check for damages (they will 'rip up' if no damages) or for me to send her my credit card info, including CVV. Other option is paying damage waiver via Homeaway/VRBO. I am not comfortable with any of these, and have only had a deposit clearly called out in a rental agreement at time of payment before, which was credited after (and only $200), or usually none at all. I have not rented in North Carolina before (Utah, St John's), so don't know what is typical. She pushed back initially and said agreement indicates it was paid, but it absolutely does not. I am thinking of calling their office to straighten out- what are your thoughts or own experience? Thank you as always, TA friends!!

3 replies to this topic
Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: At Wave's Edge rentals via VRBO - anyone used?

I don't know anything about them, but would call them and get all straightened out before arrival. VRBO/Homeaway has really messed with homeowners and property managers with all the changes, and continuing changes..with no notice, that they make, it's tough to keep up. For a while VRBO/Homeaway was holding money from owners until after guests' departure, now(at least for me) they are dispersing some funds before guest' arrival. Your accommodations should be on top of all this but, believe me, it takes a lot of time to keep up with VRBO/Homeaway, too much time. I hate the horrible websites they have become, and like many other homeowners, this will be the last year I use them, even if we have to sell our vacation home, dealing with those devils isn't worth it. On the rental agreement topic, we were told a while back that VRBO/Homeaway would have guests sign homeowners/property managers' rental agreements attachments on the website, this week I discovered that guests basically are just told to look at the rental agreement attachment, then click ok. I too am having to contact guests who've booked through VRBO to get them to actually sign/date rental agreements, my insurance company requires me to.

BTW, you and others who continue to book through greedy VRBO/Homeaway could have saved $100's had you looked for and found great, verifed vacation rentals on other no booking fees websites, or through social media. You also would have be able to communicate fully and directly with homeowners/property owners from the get-go, and since on those sites homeowners and property managers collect their own rental fees directly, plus have and use their own consistant policies, the whole rental process goes much more smoothly, and again is much less expensive for both the homeowners and the guests. Here's one great homeowner-direct, verified vacation rental site for NC/SC... http://carolinavacationhomerentals.com and also a link to a nationwide one... http://www.vhrnetwork.com/ I have my house on VRBO only because still not enough people take the time to look elsewhere, (and/or believe their BS advertising that it's safer to book through them..just Google "VRBO reviews" and is how safe it is! It's NOT!..good reviews are only on the site that VRBO/Homeaway is able to pay for reviews), and I need to pay bills, but personally I would never book a vacation property through that unscrupulous, greedy company!

Best wishes!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
385 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: At Wave's Edge rentals via VRBO - anyone used?

thank you so much for the insight - I called them yesterday, and spoke with the owner, Lisa, who was terrific. I am all set. To clarify, my past experiences, I found properties on VRBO, but when contacted, was able to book directly through their own sites, so never went through VRBO before. For the future, I will stick with booking directly, but it is still a place to see what is out there, and I will keep the links you recommend to search also- that is very good to know. Sometimes TA forum folks have provided reputable local vacation rental agents, and go by that also.

Florida
Level Contributor
204 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: At Wave's Edge rentals via VRBO - anyone used?

Thank you Mickey for your insight. I have used VRBO for years and never had a concern. Recent searches have brought up new and strange booking fees, policies seem to have changed. I will start looking for alternate booking sites as you suggest.

Reply to: At Wave's Edge rentals via VRBO - anyone used?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted