We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boarding house/lakefront housing

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
656 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Boarding house/lakefront housing

I'm due to travel on business to Monroe for the months of March and April, and am not finding indication of any off season rentals, only chain motels. I'm not averse to a location away from Monroe, but no more than 20 miles. It seems like the proximity to the lake ought to offer something. Anyone know of a decent beachfront anything in the southeast corner? Thanks!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boarding house/lakefront housing

It is not a vacation oriented area, but I'm thinking if you contacted local realtors they would have some possibilities for short term rentals.

Good luck!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
656 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boarding house/lakefront housing

I wish that were true but I have contacted over dozen with no sucess! Oh well, 2 months in a motel won't kill me.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boarding house/lakefront housing

Oh no!

I'm on my way out the door, but tonight I'll do some checking with friends who live down that way to see if they can help.

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boarding house/lakefront housing

You could try VRBO - Vacation Rentals By Owners

www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/michigan

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
656 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boarding house/lakefront housing

I took a look at VRBO, but I think my problem is that I am off season and people have already winterized their properties.

6. Re: Boarding house/lakefront housing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:40