We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow report-what did you guys get?

Which Michigan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Snow report-what did you guys get?

looks like the Lower P got hit fairly hard...

down here, in my neck of the woods, we got maybe 3 inches of heart attack snow, with higher totals north and northwest of the city.... nevertheless, it looks like a winter wonderland around here!

curious to see what happened on the other side of the Lake!

Edited: 24 February 2012, 16:35
Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

It melted here in Florida.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

Are you sure that wasn't the crushed ice in your cocktail northernite? ;o)

We were 68 today, so all snow is gone and it is a muddy mess going into the woods in our area!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

you guys getting the high winds? we had hi 60's for temps and 40+ mph gusts both yesterday and today.... all traces of winter are gone...

i must say, this is one of the most disappointing winters i can remember.... hope this spring is better than last year---ours was cold all the way into june!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

Roaring winds, but not quite as bad as last Friday when they shook the house all night long.

Agreed on the disappointing winter--not a single time when we had X-country ski-able snow here.

And the paper said yesterday it will be a buggier than normal spring/summer because of the mild winter. FROWN!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,986 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

WI had those winds, but not as bad as it sounded in Ann Arbor. Strange, you remember that awful June too? I was just saying to my husband that April and May were nice and then June was like March.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

last winter was great, for the most part... we had some thaws here and there (i hate the "january thaw"!!), but overall it was a great winter... it seemed like our spring never really got decent [for chicago] till the end of june... i mean, it was still in the hi 50's-lo 60's and windy as heck well into mid june.....

as for xc skiing, i got out about 4-5 times this year..... i think it's the least amount since i got into the sport 20+ years ago.... i'm still holding out some hope there will be another dump and i'll get out one last time... i usually don't put them away till april anyway!

on the flipside, last week, i was out in jackson hole, WY snowmobiling with some friends.... they absolutely have no shortage in snow! this is where we stopped for lunch one day.......

http://www.togwoteelodge.com/webcam.aspx

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
1,259 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

LOL on that snow in FL, northernite. I agree with Luv2, about the melted ice in your adult tropical drink you were sipping on, while sitting on the beach..... :)

Mild wind in mid Michigan today and yesterday.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

It's almost too hot down here :) I see where northern Michigan is under a Lake Effect Snow Advisory. Fickle weather.

You're right. I guess I have seen a lot of ice (cubes) down here.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

Sigh...too hot?!?!

Colder tonight, but clear skies. I'm watching for Northern Lights though the full moon and ambient light of suburbia do not lend themselves to a successful vigil!

And northernite--if you see northern lights tonight we'll be sure the ice has been twinkling as it rattles around in your tropical beverage.

30. Re: Snow report-what did you guys get?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:16