We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Stratton ME

Midland
3 posts
Save Topic
Info on Stratton ME

We are planning a trip to the Stratton and surrounding areas this mid November. We would like to possibly relocate to this town. What are the do's and dont's of coming up during hunting season? What activities are there for a family with a three yr old? Would this be a good place to move to as far as culture, community togetherness and such. We have lived in Maryland all our lives. Any ideas or comments are appreciated both good and bad. Thanks.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Stratton ME

Stratton is a VERY small town. It has a small "supermarket," a couple of restaurants, a B&B that sells great pies and a true general store - everything from long underwear to Miracle Whip.

The Eustis/Stratton area is beautiful - lakes, ponds, mountains and lots of wildlife including moose. We camp there every year. It is not far from the Sugarloaf Mountain ski area and the Rangeley lakes area where Saddleback is located. So - if you like the outdoors and/or skiing, it would be a good region for relocation. As far as culture, there is nothing like a symphony, ballet or art museum in the area, but there are arts offerings throughout the year.

The chief "do" of hunting season is to wear "hunter orange" when in wooded areas and the chief "don't" is not wandering noisily through the woods when people are hunting.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Stratton ME

Answers would be generally the same as those posted in response to your question re: visiting Greenville. Stratton is an even smaller community, with a greater emphasis on outdoor winter sports.

3. Re: Info on Stratton ME

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 06:17