We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Depending on their migration, June to late August".

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
"Depending on their migration, June to late August".

Hello my amazing helpers..... :)

Sooooo, our whale watching trip was cancelled due to weather when we were there last month. My wife and I would like to give the suckers another chance! We have been told that June to late August is our best shot.

Given that time frame and also hoping to avoid the crowds as much as possible, what I have found on different postings here is that June seems to be the best time, last two weeks in July next and lastly August (avoiding the first two weeks in July completely). We will have six days next year so we are thinking of doing a day checking out Winter Harbor/Schoodic Point, a day for hopefully seeing some whales and the rest of the week is for doing whatever.

Any thoughts, suggestions from you guys....?? Thank you!!

2 replies to this topic
Sandown, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
186 reviews
1. Re: "Depending on their migration, June to late August".

Don’t miss out on the coast north east of Acadia and particularly East Quoddy for spotting whales from land. It is the island of Campebello a part of New Brunswick. You can walk out to an island at low tide where the lighthouse sits. We have seen Finback whales there often. I also particularly like the whale watch boats out of Bar Harbor as you can see multiple species of whales as well as Puffins on a single trip

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: "Depending on their migration, June to late August".

Thanks for the information! Do you think I am correct as far as the middle of June being the best time to visit within our June to August time frame?

Reply to: "Depending on their migration, June to late August".
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted