We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations, time and places

pittsburgh
3 posts
1 review
recommendations, time and places

I am looking for a group of 8. we want to do so much. Whale watching acadia natioinal park, lobster fest, hiking. fishing and of course some wineries, Can anyone recommend a time of year and maybe some home rentals in the area that i can look up. Thank you Gail. Begin a new Search:

2 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
160 reviews
1. Re: recommendations, time and places

Whale watching, outdoor lobster dining, and winery visits are considered "warm weather" activities in Maine -- whales literally "go south for the winter" and are generally off the Maine coast only between May and early October. Outdoor lobster places, in general, open around Memorial Day and close around Columbus Day. While hiking and fishing can be year-round activities, practicing them in the colder months requires different expectations and a different skill-set than in warm weather. For the activities you've listed, I'd aim for sometime between late-June and late-September.

While many of the activities you list could be done from a single location convenient to Acadia National Park, others (like wineries) may require longer travel distances or a possible relocation depending on exactly what you're looking for. An on-line search should turn up a list of winery locations -- allowing you to decide whether or not you consider them day-trip-distance from Acadia. Plenty of good hiking in the National Park, but whether or not "fishing" is nearby will depend somewhat on what kind of fishing (salt-water, lake, brook, commercial, from boat or shore) you're looking for and what species of fish you hope to catch...

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: recommendations, time and places

This is a good site to look for a rental house for eight: https:/…

Reply to: recommendations, time and places
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted