We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am back..... June to late August. :)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
I am back..... June to late August. :)

Our first trip to your amazing state was the end of last month. Our highlight was going to be a whale watching trip with Robertson Sea Tours but unfortunately it was cancelled because of bad weather. Seeing whales at that time of year was a bit iffy anyway. Robertson's site says that the best time is June to late August so that is what we are shooting for next year. Sooo, here comes my questions....

Any thoughts from you wonderful people about when in that time frame would be the best time to come as far as crowds and your black flies go? I would like to avoid both as much as possible! :)

Also, we will be staying in South Addison again, so any suggestions on anything worth seeing inland from there within a couple of hours drive as far as scenery, lakes or waterfalls are concerned?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6,732 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: I am back..... June to late August. :)

July and August are crowded and pricey. Last couple weeks of June can sometimes hit the lower crowds/decent weather combo. South Addison on the coast shouldn't have black fly issues.

Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge is worth a day trip but for anything inland or near rivers/streams/lakes....bring mosquito repellent (all summer).

Phippsburg, Maine
Level Contributor
351 posts
2. Re: I am back..... June to late August. :)

Eastport is a cute town worth a daytrip to if you get bored. There's a very impressive reversing falls on the way there, especially at mid ebb tide.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: I am back..... June to late August. :)

Thanks for your reply's!!

Reply to: I am back..... June to late August. :)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted