We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area for a coastal cruise?

York, Pennsylvania
5 posts
Best area for a coastal cruise?

Hello,

Hubby and I and our little one will be traveling to Maine next week. We will be staying in wells for 3 nights as well as Acadia for 3 nights. I’m trying to find the best charter and best area to see. We want to see seals lighthouses and gorgeous rocky coastline but don’t want to spend a fortune. A shorter tour is also necessary because of the little one and hubby tends to get seasick. I’m currently looking at bufflehead sailing charter, and bass Harbor island cruise. Should we do a tour in Acadia or on the southern part of the coast?Thanks for all your help!

Edited: 03 June 2018, 01:09
2 replies to this topic
Phippsburg, Maine
Level Contributor
350 posts
134 reviews
1. Re: Best area for a coastal cruise?

The Maine Maritime Museum in Bath has a good tourboat and a variety of tours including lots of lighthouses. It stays on the rivers so is much calmer than ocean going sailing charters. The Mary E, a recently restored wooden sailing schooner may also be ready for day trips there by then as well.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
854 posts
221 reviews
2. Re: Best area for a coastal cruise?

Why not head to,Perkins Cove in Ogunquit and see if the Finestkind is doing their coastal trips for the lighthouse tour? Ogunquit is the next town south of Wells on Rt. 1.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 03:13
Reply to: Best area for a coastal cruise?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted