We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourico Vacations- Stetson Shores Campground

Melville, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Tourico Vacations- Stetson Shores Campground

Does anyone know anything about The Stetson Shores Campground? My husband and I are considering going in late June. Please any info would be helpful...

4 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,215 posts
158 reviews
1. Re: Tourico Vacations- Stetson Shores Campground

No direct experience with the campground itself, but, if it helps, Stetson is a small, rural Maine town -- about 1,200 population in the last census. Could be a plus or minus depending on what type of experience you're looking for... Nearest commercial center (major shopping, multiple restaurants near one another, movies, live entertainment, etc.) is Bangor... about half an hour drive one-way. You'll be over an hour from the Maine coast, but will avoid the congestion of some of the coastal campgrounds. If you're looking for a rural location for a quiet, laid-back week, it may work for you, but the location would not appeal to folks who want to be "where the action is."

Melville, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Tourico Vacations- Stetson Shores Campground

Thank you for your response............what about newport ?

Melville, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Tourico Vacations- Stetson Shores Campground

Also is there another campground you would recommend?

Edited: 02 June 2018, 19:01
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,215 posts
158 reviews
4. Re: Tourico Vacations- Stetson Shores Campground

Newport, population about 3.500, is a local commercial center for surrounding small Maine towns... but dining and entertainment options will still be limited. It does offer the advantage of being directly on I-95, making north-south travel easier and more convenient.... And it offers a good connection to Moosehead Lake (Maine's largest), about an hour's drive away. Belfast (on the coast) is about 45 minutes away and Acadia National Park an hour and a half. Whether it will work for you depends on what kind of camping experience you're looking for. As far as "another campground you'd recommend", please remember that I didn't dismiss your first choice; I just pointed out that it could be more rural than you were looking for. Maine has dozens and dozens of campgrounds, offering everything from on-site entertainment and dining to little more than a tent-site and fire ring. It all depends on what kind of camping experience you're looking for, whether you want to be on the coast, lakeside or in the mountains or woodlands, how many options for dining and entertainment you want nearby versus being content kicking back with the campfire. I suggest you take a look at a map of Maine and decide what area(s) you want to visit, then check the Maine Campground Owner's Association website for campgrounds (and facilities they offer) near where you want to go. It's been too many years since we camped for me to recommend one over another.

Reply to: Tourico Vacations- Stetson Shores Campground
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted