We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vehicle rental

Lawrenceburg
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Vehicle rental

What is the most economical way to rent a minivan or full size suv for a week long trip from Lexington KY to gulf shores al?

2 replies to this topic
cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,324 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vehicle rental

Start calling rental agencies at the airport and whoever offers the best deal, go with it.

Call around local car dealers as well. Most have loaners for people whose cars are in for repair which they might rent to you cheap.

Ask around friends and relatives, see if one has one they'll let you use cheap.

Best I can do.

Level Contributor
428 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vehicle rental

Are you planning on returning it back to Lex or turning it in at Gulf Shores? One way rentals are always more expensive than round trip. Are you a Costco or Sam's Club member? I recently needed to rent a car and found that Costco had the best pricing. I was able to rent a full sized car for a week for less than $200. However, van and SUV rentals are always way more expensive than cars. Check with sites such as Expedia, Kayak, etc for pricing. For this busy travel season I'd say the posted prices are what you are going to have to pay (and it won't be cheap).

Reply to: Vehicle rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kentucky