We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocating

2 posts
Save Topic
Relocating

Hi im planning a permanent trip from Des Moines,Iowa to western Texas. I was curious what the best highways to take to get their that wilk be safe and efficient for a single 25 y/o woman. Aporiciate all the advice. Thanks:)

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
508 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relocating

Lisa, I have driven through the TX panhandle en route to AZ. I found that taking I -35 all the way to Oklahoma City and then catching I-40 to Amarillo was a good route. You can travel a higher speed on the interstate and the route is patrolled and well traveled enough to provide potential help in the event of an emergency.

Good luck with your relocation!

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Relocating

Thank you @prairiedog for the routes.

3. Re: Relocating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 19:54