We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in Maui

dallas, texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rain in Maui

I never gave it any thought and now that my vacation to Maui is almost here, it looks like it's going to rain:(

What fun things are there to do in Maui while it's raining?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in Maui

Why do you say that it is going to rain? Please realize that showers are common and many forecasters seem to put them in daily to CYA. Where are you staying?? It could make a difference. Showers won't ruin your day ... they will cool you off and give you a rainbow!http://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/maui.php?page_id=&zone=HIZ018

This is an excellent source of Hawaii's weather.

dallas, texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in Maui

Were staying in Kaanapali beach. Is it dangerous to drive to Hana if it's raining?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in Maui

It will be sunny...don't worry. All the forecasts always say rain. Also it rains on the road to hana quite a bit. They are mostly passing showers. You will be fine.

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in Maui

What fun things are there to do in Maui while it's raining?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

drive to another part of the island! I doubt it will be raining island-wide. About driving to hana in the rain? I'd check when I get over there. If it's a real toad strangler, you might want to pick another day to make the drive.

jc

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in Maui

<<What fun things are there to do in Maui while it's raining?>>

You're not on your honeymoon, are you?? :o)

dallas, texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in Maui

Lol

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in Maui

According to the NWS this is a 40% chance of scattered showers for west Maui on Wednesday, otherwise the forecast looks good. Here is the link:

forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…

You can also click other places on the island on the map in the lower right for zone forecasts.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,156 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain in Maui

Aloha,

Also, if you go to the "top questions" on the right side of the page, you can click on the q about weather. There are links there to the NWS and Glenn James' Maui Weather Today page, which is a good source.

Many of our showers are at night or early morning. Because we've been in a terrible drought for years, we welcome every drop, though we also understand it may not "make your day"!

Don't panic though.......as others have said, it's rare at this time of year to have island wide long term storms.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,451 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain in Maui

The Road to Hana, winds mainly through a rain forest so getting a bit of rain is common. No problem driving during these times. Driving the RTH during a mid winter down pour can be another story!! Use those Top Questions as a great source for Maui!!

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain in Maui

Who cares if it's raining!! You're in Hawaii and it's still better than being at home!! I would do all the usual things that I would normally do on Maui!! Not sure about the road to Hana though!