We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globus - Routes of OId West tour late July 2011

SW U.S.
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Globus - Routes of OId West tour late July 2011

1. Subject 10-day bus tour starts/ends in Denver & covers brief Rocky Mtn NP visit--weather permitting, Moab, Utah; Mesa Verde, Durango-Silverton train, Santa Fe, Taos, NM; Colorado Springs, Royal Gorge, Pikes Peak Cog Railway.

2. Many meals are on- your-own (maybe @ $$$ Globus-affiliated eateries?).

3. Has anyone taken this tour or know someone who has?

American Adventure Expeditions
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, River Rafting & Tubing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Raft Masters
River Rafting & Tubing, Sightseeing Tours
Granite Mountain Outfitters
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Globus - Routes of OId West tour late July 2011

Hi, sunbeltsue, and welcome to the Colorado forums.

I see you haven't had replies yet. I think many Trip Advisor fans tour independently. I have looked at this tour before in response to the same question, so thought I'd post the link to that previous thread. That OP was to take this tour fairly recently, so you could send him/her a message to find out how that trip went.

For someone who is unable or unwilling to drive and tour independently, this looks like a good option to me. I don't know how the costs compare.

This tour covers lots of miles and will be very scenic, but will only give you a brief taste of the different locations. For example, your time at Mesa Verde and Arches National Park is inadequate, IMO, but better than nothing! And I wish they were including the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park instead of--or at least in addition to--the Royal Gorge. But all in all, I think the itinerary is good.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28927-i252-k35392…

2. Re: Globus - Routes of OId West tour late July 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 05:16