We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for 5 days in February, flying into Long Beach

Massachussetts
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Where to go for 5 days in February, flying into Long Beach

Please advise me where to take my 11 and 12 year old daughters for 5 days. My elder daughter has a concussion so no parks or loud venues. We enjoy sitting poolside, shopping, touring and some sight seeing. I wil rent a car but not wanting to go oustide of 120 mile perimiter of LA. We have never been to So Cal and are up for dessert or beach vacation.

Thank you in advance for your expertise.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for 5 days in February, flying into Long Beach

I would look at Long Beach itself...

www.visitlongbeach.com

Things to do, a nice drive down the Pacific Coastline on the Pacific Coast Highway (Highway 1) to places like Newport Beach, Dana Point and San Clemente.

Shopping at places like South Coast Plaza, Fashion Island, The Outlets at Orange and many more.

Here is a website with some ideas.

www.visittheoc.com

If you want a very nice quiet location, check out the Terranea Hotel in the Palos Verdes area. A bit pricey, but very nice.

http://www.terranea.com/

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for 5 days in February, flying into Long Beach

I would look to one of the Orange County Beaches (Newport, Huntington, Laguna, or Dana Point) or perhaps one of the southern beaches in LA county (Manhattan, Hermosa or Redondo) for some R&R at the beach, or Palm Springs for some R&R in the desert, though the latter would depend on the time of year as Palm Springs can be very, very hot in summer but it sounds like your trip would be sometime soon?

3. Re: Where to go for 5 days in February, flying into Long Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:20