We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arizona in July

Which Arizona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Arizona in July

I am looking at options of a tip from Las Vegas - Springdale "Flanigans Inn" for 3 days and then Lake Powell for 3 days. My 12 year old son wishes to visit Monument Valley. Does this sound feasible and whats recommended for visiting etc.

The other option would be the Sedona / Flagstaff area any views on the comparison of both options would be a help

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arizona in July

Well I'm returning to this area with my children for the third time in three years! Last year I travelled with my daughter and having seen the photos my two sons now want to come too. So this year the four of us are spending 21 days touring the Grand Circle. I always fly into Vegas and spend the last couple of days there. We are staying at Springdale too and the drive from Vegas is about 2.5 hours. We are only spending two nights there and then travelling on to Bryce and Page on our way to monument valley. For my daughrter this is the highlight of the tour and my eldest son is keen to experience for real the front cover of the Led Zepellin DC!

Page to MV is a fairly long and tedious 3.5 hours but worth every minute. Stay at Gouldings if you can - phone every day if they are full, its amazing.

We have also done Sedona and Flagstaff and wouyldb't do it again. Flagstaff was end to end cars as was the scenic drive down to Sedona. Lovely but better done out of season. Do e-mail me for any more info!!

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arizona in July

Well I'm returning to this area with my children for the third time in three years! Last year I travelled with my daughter and having seen the photos my two sons now want to come too. So this year the four of us are spending 21 days touring the Grand Circle. I always fly into Vegas and spend the last couple of days there. We are staying at Springdale too and the drive from Vegas is about 2.5 hours. We are only spending two nights there and then travelling on to Bryce and Page on our way to monument valley. For my daughrter this is the highlight of the tour and my eldest son is keen to experience for real the front cover of the Led Zepellin DC!

Page to MV is a fairly long and tedious 3.5 hours but worth every minute. Stay at Gouldings if you can - phone every day if they are full, its amazing.

We have also done Sedona and Flagstaff and wouyldb't do it again. Flagstaff was end to end cars as was the scenic drive down to Sedona. Lovely but better done out of season. Do e-mail me for any more info!!

Colchester UK
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arizona in July

Hi

Page to Monument Valley is about a four hour drive, so an early start would give you a few hours there, time to take the loop road round the Tribal Park. Page to Flagstaff is about a three hour drive. On the way you will pass Wupatki and Sunset Crater Volcano NM's. Three hours would also get you to Grand Canyon NP. My choice would be Monument Valley, especially if your son wants to see it, but check www.arizonatourism.com and www.desertusa.com for loads of information on the area and see if this helps you make your mind up. Have a great trip.

Tony

edinburgh
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arizona in July

Ladylizzie / Tony Thanks for the info the decision has been made 3 days Springdale and 3 days Page - tried Gouldings "sounds good but booked already" I think we will just drive to MV and if we get a hotel stay for the night and if not drive back to Page.

Q. any recomendation on accomodation in Page - Marina or Linda's ?

THANKS AGAIN

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arizona in July

What time of year are you visiting, when we looked into Lake Powell, lots of things were not running until May. We were supposed to go a couple of weeks ago but changed our itinery because of the above and also, we needed to travel through Flagstaff and up, it was really cold -only in the 40's and chilly in Page too

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arizona in July

Ha ha - OK just seen the July bit