We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blau Costa Verde??

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Topic
Blau Costa Verde??

Hey everyone considering a family vacation to this resort mid april , prices are very good , wondering if current construction should be finished by then , wouldn't want to have and chase my son around when he wondered off into a construction site because he seen something that caught is eye on the other side

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

I do not think the construction will be finished by April.

That being said it would be hard for him to get into the site as has a chainlink fence to keep the nosey people out. It is very hard to go beyond the fence as I just found out last week when we were there.

David.

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

I just posted more pictures of the on going construction at Blau Costa Verde. More of the new blocks and various other areas. They should be up on the Blau site by Monday.

David.

Edited: 01 December 2012, 20:03
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
8,105 Reviews
Cuba
Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

thanks folks , at 3200 for a family of 4 , definitely worth while looking into

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

As David said, the construction will probably still be going on, but your son will not be able to get into the area because of the construction fencing around it. My wife and I have been there twice and plan on mid April for our next trip as well. We love the resort and Cuba.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

David, your pictures are up on the Blau review page. Thanks.

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

Jimbo: I know and I posted 23 pictures more to-day. Hope they get accepted also.

David.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

Are those the ones on facebook

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

No I did not post any pictures on facebook. They are from another poster or Jimbo posted them as I gave him premission to do so.

David.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

so is all the work ongoing ,or is everything being done in stages , where a small area is started finished up and then moved to another area . and how much of the resort is affected , other than a little noise

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blau Costa Verde??

None of the old Blau is affected in my opinion. None of the noise bothered the 5 of us last week. Mostly all of the work is ongoing.

Also the new beach resturant has become the buffet until the old buffet is finished. I would not be afraid to go to this resort at any time. If you want to see my pictures, click on the left side of this page under Blau and look at the pics.

We had a great time and expect too once more this winter long before you are there in April.

David.

Edited: 02 December 2012, 00:43