We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

Hi,

can someone please tell me whats the difference between Hotel and villa in Guardalavaca Brisas??? are the villas away from hotel? can you still use facilities of hotel??? which pool has got some activity and music during day??

thank you

Mentioned in this post
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
104,905 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

The resorts are next door to each other and you can use the facilities of either the hotel or the villa.

Here is a plan of the resort:

www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
104,905 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

There is far more activity around the hotel pool than the villa pool.

Have a read of LoonyLou's website on Brisas at

brisas.beep.com

Mentioned in this post
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
4,477 Reviews
Cuba
Gloucester...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

thank you co much it helped me a lot. Thomas Cook messed me about should stay at hotel now I have o stay at villa, wosnt sure if its all the same now I have clear picture, thanks

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
104,905 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

Paulina W:

The villas are much better than the hotel, they are normally an upgrade.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

I was recently in the villas and they are better than the rooms . Some rooms in the hotel require a lift and it is frequently is out of order.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

The oceanfront hotel rooms are very noisy nearly all day from the music played so loud and shouting in the mike from the animation team. Sometimes well after midnight with the party goers at the pool area 24 hour bar you hear noise.

The ocean front and garden view villas are peaceful and more relaxing. If you want more action you can walk over to the 24 hr bar. The hotel section and the villa section are all one resort. I never had a problem with the lifts, there ar 4 so when one is being repaired there are 3 left to use.

Edited: 14 September 2012, 20:09
Gloucester...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

thank you so much all of you for your help I feel much better now about the fact I am staying in Villa

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
104,905 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

Paulina:

I'm 100% sure you will enjoy the villas more than the hotel.

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

great!

I was bit worried as I do travel on my own - (single woman) so hotel room would be more closed and secure but by looks of it villa is just bigger room which is fine, I just do not want to be on ground floor.

how safe is in Cuba??? how are the locals? do they hassel you a lot? is the beach private or open to all???

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
104,905 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca Villa - Cuba

Cuba is probably the safest of all countries in the Caribbean. I have been there over 40 times, the last 26 times of which I have stayed in a casa particular in a Cuban town.

You won't get hassled by the local population as you would in many other Caribbean islands. If someone does approach you to sell you cigars, etc a polite 'No gracias' will see them leave you alone.

No beaches in Cuba are private but you shouldn't see many local people on the beach at Brisas as there is a public beach at Guardalavaca, better than than the Brisas beach, just a few hundred yards along the coast.

Here is a map of the area:

…photobucket.com/albums/…Guardalavaca.jpg

The public beach is the one in front of the market and it really is a beautiful beach. You can walk to it along the promenade running in front of your hotel. There are security guards posted to keep out people who are not residents of the hotel or villas.

Edited: 15 September 2012, 10:12
Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
4,477 Reviews
Cuba