We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

end of buy now pay later holidays

bolton lancashire
Level Contributor
232 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
end of buy now pay later holidays

as seen today in the papers TUI- want to bring in when u book your holiday u have to pay the full price there and then- we have all seen the price of holidays to CUBA rise and every where else- I think it will put alot off people booking holidays. What do other people think?

Leeds
Level Contributor
506 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

I totally agree. Many people book well in advance allowing themselves to save the bulk of the money over time. Not everyone has hundreds of pounds at their disposal and Cuba is not a cheap holiday by any means.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,446 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

It wouldn't worry me personally if I had to pay in full at the time of booking. As I usually book reasonably close to my flying date I always have to pay the full amount anyway.

It's the credit charge charge I would like to see them do away with.

bolton lancashire
Level Contributor
232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

I like to book about 8 months in advance so 1 I have something to look forward to- and 2- I know how to much to save otherwise I wouldnt save. lol . alot of people have to budget especially if you have children but asking to pay upfront when the price of the holiday could well go down ( as well as up) is a bit much just think of all the interest they will get-but not given back to the customers.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

It wouldnt worry me either but in years gone by it would have been a real problem so I can relate to people wanting to book and pay later, it gives you breathing space and something to look forward to whilst juggling the cash each week.. More business they are passing Thomas Cook's way I suppose...its a good way to send a business down the pan!!

bexleyheath
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

It would certainly put me off!!!!

I wonder how an average family of four could afford it all at once.

Plus if you save the money first then book near to your departure date, chances are they won't have the dates you want anyway especially if they fall in the July/August school summer holidays.

bolton lancashire
Level Contributor
232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

totally agree- lets hope it doesn`t happen and we can all enjoy a buy now pay( AND SAVE UP) later holiday. :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

mogs; funny but true...lol..

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,199 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

Seems just to be another version of “Will you respect me in the morning?” LOL

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

yeah, and your cheque is in the post.....lol.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,199 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: end of buy now pay later holidays

No need for cheques anymore … just send your banking information to my esteemed uncle in Nigeria and he will take care of everything! LOL