We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport

Temagami, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Passport

I was looking for information for a friend in Holguin Cuba. How and where do they apply for their passport?

8 replies to this topic
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,294 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Passport

Its very difficult for a Cuban to get a passport, and very expensive. Around $500 USD

https://www.havanatimes.org/?p=109432

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Passport

they would have to go to the closest Cuban embassy in Havana I would think, I'm not sure if you can do it locally in Holguin government offices, maybe you can I'm not an expert on Cuban passport.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
15,083 posts
3. Re: Passport

@#1: That article is about Cubans abroad, not about Cubans residing within the country.

@#2: There is no such thing as a Cuban Embassy in Havana.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Passport

@3 so were does a Cuban get a passport in Cuba? iv spoke to people from Varadero that had a passport they told me in Havana, and it took over 1 year to get it, I don't know what they call the passport office in Havana they said they paid over 100 cuc for a Cuban passport and i think its only good for 2/3 years and then you have to renew it and pay again.

Edited: 20 May 2018, 21:01
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
106,233 posts
57 reviews
5. Re: Passport

As far as I'm aware a Cuban passport is valid for 6 years but every 2 years you have to buy a 20 CUC stanp to put inside it to keep it valid. That was 5 years ago when my friend last had a passport, things may be different now.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Passport

@5 maybe that's what they were talking about the stamp every 2 years.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21,423 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: Passport

Last that I heard they needed to contact the immigration office that covers their official address.

I am sure that the passport does not cost that much in Cuba - though possibly over 100 and I think the two year renewals cost more now.

Edited: 20 May 2018, 22:43
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Passport

My Fiancee got her Passport at local immigration office in Holguin in 2014 , I'm sure it was 100cuc and is valid for 6 years

Reply to: Passport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted