We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holguin Cuba april-may

Selby, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Holguin Cuba april-may

Hi I am booked to go to Cuba to get married next year april 25th - may 6th. Has anyone just got back from Cuba and can tell me what the weather was like compared to the forecast??

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
8 replies to this topic
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,939 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holguin Cuba april-may

Hi Vikki:

A warm welcome ti the TripAdvisor Cuba forum.

Never take any notice of the internet weather forecasts for Cuba as they are notoriously incorrect. They predict thunderstorms for pretty much every day of the year. Have a read of reply #1 on this thread written by Martian24:

https:/…51263649

Which hotel are you staying at by the way?

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Selby, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holguin Cuba april-may

We are staying at Hotel Playa Pesquero in holguin, I was so worried when I see the weather forecast for this year because there are 25 of us going out and I really want them to have a brilliant holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Pesquero
Playa Pesquero
731 Reviews
Cuba
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,939 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holguin Cuba april-may

Even if it does rain, it doesn't usually last for long, around 20 minutes to half an hour and then the skies clear and the sun comes out once again. It's not like our country where if it's dull and wet when you get up it usually stays like that all day.

Having said that May is known as the rainy month and I know that in Holguin City it has rained at some time or other on most days during this month so far but it has been hot.. That may not have been the case at the resorts though as they are some 45 miles away from the city. Over the years I have been to this area of Cuba over 50 times, often at the time that you are going, and I have never had a problem with the weather.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 09:35
Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holguin Cuba april-may

Seems that weather forecasts for Cuba are sponsored either by competitors like Mexico ar Dominicana, either by US government - to discourage people to go there and consequently to have negative impact on Cuba's economy.

I was in Cuba numerous times, in different months and more than half forecasts were with rain and thunderstorms. None were right. Even in August last year with whole week of rainy forecasts we had 7 fully sunny days and some rain at night.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,575 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holguin Cuba april-may

Hard to fathom that you are asking about weather forecasts in 2019. Its hard to forecast tomorrow let alone a year from now. Best bet, hot, rain showers, possible rain or not, cooler evenings.

Cheers

Selby, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Holguin Cuba april-may

I'm not asking about weather forecasts in 2019, I was asking if anyone has just got back from Cuba and what the weather was like this year compared to the forecast predicted.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Selby, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holguin Cuba april-may

Thanx everyone for giving me some info it's the first time I have been so I'm really excited!!! Hopefully it will be a regular holiday after next year. Any recommendations on other hotels or different areas??

Halifax, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Holguin Cuba april-may

I returned from Playa Pesquero on May 11th. It rained every day, one day for 8 hours and with thunder storms. It is the beginning of rainy season in Cuba so expect rain daily. It was cloudy most of the time but we managed several hours a day with no rain. The flies were bad due to all the rain so bring your bug spray. Some rooms on the first floor got flooded it rained so much.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Pesquero
Playa Pesquero
731 Reviews
Cuba
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Reply to: Holguin Cuba april-may
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;