We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little confuse about Blau and Playa

Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Little confuse about Blau and Playa

when i was reading the comments from all the travellers from

Blau Costa Verde Plus - i saw other travellers also written the comments on

Playa Coste Verde - the same page

Why is that?

If u want to comment on Playa Coste Verde, then should have a seperate page but not on

the Blau Costa Vede

So that for us - it's more easier to follow

OR

I was wrong - are they the same????

Anyway

I am going to Blau Costa at the end of Aug

Anyone knows what is the cost for the WIFI and any recommendation for excursions?

Should we join at the booth - sunwing or transat

Or

join the excursions from the local citizen

big difference on the cost??

Thanks again and have a nice day

Mentioned in this post
12 replies to this topic
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,858 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

They are separate hotels. The Playa Costa Verde is 100% owned by Gaviota.

The Blau Costa Verde is now the Fiesta Americana Costa Verde.

The hotels are side by side on Pesquero beach with the Playa Costa Verde sandwiched between the Playa Pesquero and the Fiesta Americana Costa Verde

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
8,000 Reviews
Cuba
Playa Pesquero
Playa Pesquero
724 Reviews
Cuba
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
103,858 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

As regards Wi-Fi, the cost should be 1 CUC for I hour. That's how much a Nauta card costs but some hotels charge a little extra.

Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

thanks and do u join any excursions?

if yes - are they from the hotel booth or local people?

thanks again

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

That is up to you. I have done both, signed up with a rep at the hotel (I believe you can sign up with any company, doesn't have to be your rep from your travel company). The good thing with signing up with them is that I believe they will take care of you in many ways, like if you pay in advance and the trip is cancelled, then you will have no problem getting your money back.

However, if you book with someone that you find there, I am not sure you have any guarantees (some will say "I know a guy... blablabla.. he is very dependable), but the truth is, he is always dependable until something happens. Then, I am not sure what happens, if you have any guarantees, etc.

Personally, I have done both. I rented a cab & driver for an entire day and it was one of the most beautiful days ever! We stopped many places on the way, like at fruit vendors (you will see a lot of those), and we would stop and I would buy a couple of fruit to taste new things. It was absolutely divine. We stopped at a farmer's house and our driver asked if we could go walk in the sugar canes plantations, because I had never seen that. The farmer was kind enough to allow it (we insisted that he take some money for it), and I tasted the sugar canes just like that, as they know how to cut it. Also, on the way, we found mango trees and stopped and took some mangos, they were the most delicious thing ever. So all these things are unique and can't be done when on a bus tour. Our tour was not that, it was to go visit Holguin, the city, the parks, the food, the museums, the churches, and Loma de la Cruz. It was an absolute perfect day. I do recommend.

So I, myself, will take once again a cab and driver when I go, as I want to have a similar experience, but this time going to Santiago de Cuba.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

Dear Natalie

Evening (we are from toronto) and thanks for the reply

It must be fun with this cab drive journey

So this cab and driver...

Where did you find him - i mean from referral or....just randomly and how much he/she charged if you still rememeber and do you still have the contact

thanks

6. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 April 2018, 15:35

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
103,858 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

Post 6 reported as Spam

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

Bellagio is correct. 1 CUC per hour for Wifi. I was there last week.

Keep in mind that wifi is not available in all rooms. it is strongest in the lobby area.

North East England...
Level Contributor
182 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

blau has changed it name i believe.

i've been to playa costa verde last year during september yes i saw hurricane irma was 1,5cuc for internet then later dropped in september to 1 cuc per card

saskatoon
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Little confuse about Blau and Playa

10. When I was at the Blau Costa Verde last November I booked my excursion with my Westjet rep. All the tour companies have representatives.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
8,000 Reviews
Cuba
Reply to: Little confuse about Blau and Playa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;