We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memories Holguin Beach Resort

Guelph, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Memories Holguin Beach Resort

I've been to Cuba 7 times, always stayed in Varadero. Looking to switch this up this trip and I think I have settled on the Memories Resort. Any information regarding this resort would be greatly appreciated. Positive along with any negatives. Also, I am a huge beach person. Is the seaweed as bad as I have heard?

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
16 replies to this topic
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

Kimberlee we too were looking to change it up having been to Varadero and Cayo Coco, and we were also considering this resort. However, after reading many recent reviews of 1 star, citing terrible food; I think Brisas Guardalavca will now be our choice. I suggest you check the reviews for yourself.

Mentioned in this post
Cayo Coco
Cayo Coco
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
4,481 Reviews
Cuba
Guelph, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

I will do that. Thank you!

novascotia
Level Contributor
966 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

If you don’t like stairs do not book this resort. It is very pretty though.

Allenford, Canada
Level Contributor
320 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

WE have never been to Memories, but I do know you can't go wrong with Brisas !! Been there many times and going back again in January........can't wait 70 days to go ~S~

Mentioned in this post
4,481 Reviews
Cuba
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,136 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

Brisas is a great resort......really has everything you need for a good vacation. Lovely beach, two large pools, very friendly helpful staff, decent food and very easy to get around ( Memories, as has been mentioned before, has a lot of stairs )......met many, many return guests ( one couple had been 36 times) when we went for the first time in September.

Barb

Mentioned in this post
4,481 Reviews
Cuba
wales great britain
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

i go to Brisas Guaedalavaca in two weeks time first can we get excursions private traders or is it from tour operator.also is there prostitutes on the beech at night.is it safe to walk around at night.and where is the best place to book your excursions.what is it like getting through customs when we arrive

thank you

mickcorkey

Mentioned in this post
4,481 Reviews
Cuba
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
104,932 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

mickcorkey:

I would stick to the tour operators myself to book excursions. There are no prostitutes on the beech at night.and it is safe to walk around at night Arrival information can be found at this link:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270…

Southern Ontario
Level Contributor
124 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

I were at Memories last year and are returning in December for 2 weeks. Yes, there are stairs but also pathways to avoid the stairs. We loved it here and the food was good at the buffet as well as the ala cartes.

The beach has lots of shade and did not find the sea grass to much of an issue once past that close to the beach.

Saskatoon, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

Hi I came across your post ans see you are heading to memories. Can't tell you about this hotel but I am wondering when you are going? I am wanting to travel this month and like travel buddy or buddies. Or do you know anyone who will be there during the week of 24th of Jan. I have been to Holguin province about 4 times. So familiar with area.

Mentioned in this post
Halifax
Level Contributor
247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Memories Holguin Beach Resort

Hey there...

We LOOOOOVE memories.. but this year not in our price point :( sadly... Look for Roberto Oscar and Selermo at the resort .... AMAZING AMAZING MEN... tell them Devlin and Gill said hi.

The stairs .. I hate hate the stairs ...but then i realize .. im on vacation so why am i rushing up those damn stairs lol ... breakfast..by far the best meal :D LOL .. however .. the seafood resto when we were there 2 years ago was fantastic .. 7 pools to choose from .. we found morning for the beach and then afternoon for the pools.. seems the wind switches and it's just too windy for me.. seaweed... well it is the beach.. Im from NS canada so everybeach in NS has seaweed so to me it's just there lol.. it is a manmade beach therefore way more seaweed than a natural beach would produce... I hope you enjoy your time there alot !!!

Reply to: Memories Holguin Beach Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted