We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tavira are we missing something

Bath Springs...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Tavira are we missing something

Spent 2 days here , thank the lord we didn’t spend much more time there! It’s a grotty little place , with very little to offer ; the centre is devoid of good restaurants and we found it very boring and definitely not for the family

45 replies to this topic
Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
93 reviews
41. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Olhao is still very portugese fishermen town with a interesting covert market a lagoon promenade and nice beaches 30 m with a ferry boat.You can make city trips to Faro and tavira...

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
42. Re: Tavira are we missing something

We love Portugal and have spent 20 years visiting different resorts we now return to tavira every year and Love it!People food beaches& the lovely town!,

poole UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
48 reviews
43. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Given your family portrait - wouldn't you be better off in Antarctica or somewhere? For the record I thought Tavira was delightful.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
168 reviews
44. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Are we missing something, one answer YES . sorry you OBVIOUSLY missed rather a lot.

Staffs, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
45. Re: Tavira are we missing something

I think you are being extremely harsh about Tavira. I have been going for 15 years and there are plenty of good restaurants if only you had the time to find them. Scruffy is a word I wouldn't use to describe it, but shabby chic, yes. Of course, some of the properties are left to rack and ruin and paintwork in places is amiss but I think it adds charm to the place, not all high rise developments. It takes time to discover Tavira, such a shame you didn't

Reply to: Tavira are we missing something
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tavira
Recent Conversations