We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tavira are we missing something

Bath Springs...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Tavira are we missing something

Spent 2 days here , thank the lord we didn’t spend much more time there! It’s a grotty little place , with very little to offer ; the centre is devoid of good restaurants and we found it very boring and definitely not for the family

45 replies to this topic
Tavira, Portugal
Level Contributor
69 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Horses for courses...

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,418 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Tavira is not seaside holiday resort. And it is winter. What were you expecting?

Bath Springs...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Just a decent level of restaurant to start with would have beeen good! The quality of food was average at best , the shopping mall had a great supermarket and a good standard of retailers . However the 4th level had a wide selection of eateries , All a terrible standard, fast food , doner kebabs, burgers .. awful .. in general Tavira is quite a grotty little place, a bit like the Portuguese Weston Super Mare ... quite tacky but that’s my opinion

Level Contributor
881 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Good God, if you think Tavira is as bad as Weston, I speak as someone who lives there then you really have no idea what you talking about.

Last time I looked, Weston did not have a castle, numbers of centuries old churches, a bridge crossing dating from Roman times, a active and vibrant vriver front.

Sea and driver cruises,fresh locally caught fish, a blue sea rather than the muddy brown Bristol channel.

Perhaps Benidorm would suit you better than Tavira.

Edited: 03 November 2017, 14:53
Bath Springs...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Like I said old man ... it’s tacky , I moved out to Quinta Do Lago , proper holiday with high standards unlike Tavira.

You must feel gutted to have invested your hard earned money into such a dieing unloved destination .. horrible little place

London, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
113 reviews
6. Re: Tavira are we missing something

I would think that most large shopping mall 'eateries' are as you describe. People generally don't go to a shopping mall for a long leisurely gourmet lunch. We have never been to any in the Gran Plaza and, to be fair, probably will never do so as there are so many great and diverse places to eat in town. As BigMacsub62 says, its horses for courses . . .

Bath Springs...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Nor would I , but the lack of quality options gave us no choice but to try

Komaky was 5/10 at best .. everybody recommended it

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
477 posts
106 reviews
8. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Maybe you should have done more research before you visited Tavira think your comments are a wee bit over the top

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
55 reviews
9. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Perhaps you could explain why you think it is "grotty" and "tacky" ? Perhaps its the history and local flavour that you dislike and prefer more modern places..

Level Contributor
881 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Tavira are we missing something

Obviously the last thing you wanted was a holiday in Portugal but just to rub shoulders with footballers and c list celebrities in QDL

Did you .get any interesting selfies with the Rooneys.

Edited: 03 November 2017, 15:26
Reply to: Tavira are we missing something
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tavira
Recent Conversations