We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping

Which Vilnius hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Enschede, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping

I'm leaving for a 3 day trip to Vilnius in a few days and was wondering if it's normal to leave tips there? And if so, approximately how much? I'm from America where it's very normal to leave a (give or take) 15% tip. I now live in the Netherlands, where it's normal to not leave any tip, or just round up to the nearest euro and tell them to keep the change (or even throw in 2 euros or so if it's a complete sit-down meal). How does Lithuania compare? Since it's December we'll probably spend a lot of time in cafes to warm up with a drink, so this information will be very useful :)

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
350 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping

It is thought that 10% is the correct amount, but anywhere in the interval of 5-10% is appropriate.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping

Thank you for the information

3. Re: Tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Vilnius
Recent Conversations