We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Schwechat to Bratislava Airport

Which Bratislava hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Schwechat to Bratislava Airport

Could somebody tell me whether there is always a seet available in the bus from Vienna airport to BA? I tried to buy a ticket online but the payment was only possible by VUB bank card. I am arriving at 10:45 AM on a week day.

Dakujem.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Schwechat to Bratislava Airport

Really not sure, but I guess you'll be OK. I did the same trip (although going FROM Bratislava) and there was just about enough room for everybody. I wanted to ask though - how do you know it only takes VUB? I know the Slovak Lines credit facility is administered by VUB... but I've bought tickets using another Slovak bank.

What happens if you click on the option on the left-hand side - 'cardPay'? Maybe this is for any type of bank card? Or have you tried?

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Schwechat to Bratislava Airport

Once I entered the dates, it asked me for a type of a credit card I wanna pay with. There was a choice of four, all VUB. I hope I will find a seat in the bus and won't have to wait an hour for the next one.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Schwechat to Bratislava Airport

Which bus company are you looking at? I've just looked at slovaklines.sk (the company I used before) and it offers 4 options.

1 - cardPay

2- Tatra Pay

3 - VUB

4 - something else I can't remember...

I'm sure I must have used option 1 in the past, because I don't have options 2-4...

Bratislava
Level Contributor
155 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Schwechat to Bratislava Airport

Hello.

It isn´t neccessary buy ticket thrue the web site.

Front of the exit of arrival hall (inside) is ticket corner of

postbus/blaguss/slovak lines.

You can buy ticket before departure. (cash or by credit card)

One way is aprox 8 Eur , Return aprox 15 Eur.

Departure is from the platform 8-9.

Blaguss drivers sell tickets inside the bus.

blaguss.sk/media/…20web.pdf

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Schwechat to Bratislava Airport

My concern was that if the bus if full, I'd have to wait an hour for another one. Buying the ticket beforehand would guarantee me a seat (alebo nie?). Whatever happened to Visa or Master Card? The busses run internationaly. Not everybody has Slovak cards. I'm gonna take a chance and hope that the bus won't be full.

Ivana

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Schwechat to Bratislava Airport

Take the chance. Do you have a connection to make in Bratislava? If not, then an hour wait is fine - grab a beer and some fast food or read a book :)

Although, I agree - the situation is pretty stupid...

7. Re: Bus from Schwechat to Bratislava Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 06:18