We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to vienna

13 posts
Bus to vienna

Hi guys, can anyone tell me how much it will be, return,to take the bus to vienna for the day? Also, we will be a group of 6, are there any group tickets which will make it cheaper? Which sites should I use when checking out the timetable?

7 replies to this topic
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Bus to vienna

Use cp.sk to find a journey. Note that different buses serve different stops in both Bratislava and Vienna. Also note that Wien, Flughafen Wien = Vienna airport (not a city). Once you find the most suitable bus, you can book ticket directly from bus operator (shown in the timetable).

Prices vary depending on operator. Tickets purchased online are usually around 5 euros per person one-way. When booking well in advance, you may be able to get promotional tickets for 1 euro per person one-way. As far as I'm aware, there are no discounts for groups.

13 posts
2. Re: Bus to vienna

Thanks very much,that would be great if I can get them in advance for 1€!

leeds,UK
Level Contributor
471 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: Bus to vienna

Do you know how long the journey is please?

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: Bus to vienna

Between 60 and 90 minutes, depending on operator and stops.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,190 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Bus to vienna

If going from the centre, use www.regiojet.com - the stop is underneath the big 'UFO' bridge. You get a free coffee on board. From €1-5 each way, but the number of €1 is very limited so unless you book very well in advance you'll be lucky to be all paying that!

13 posts
6. Re: Bus to vienna

Hi, thanks for that, where does it drop off in Vienna, I've just tried to look and chose Hauptbahnhof but it says there's no match, maybe it's a bit early to book for September. ..

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,190 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Bus to vienna

For Regiojet you can buy it on the bus, or on-line the day of travel - these buses go back and forth all the time. If you buy in advance and decide to change your mind, you can cancel free of charge.

The regiojet bus goes from the Stadion U-Bahn station in Vienna

Flixbus goes from Erdberg

Both go to and from Most SNP (the big bridge)

There are also buses that go from Hauptbahnhof (Südtiroler Platz), but they go to the main bus station in Bratislava which is currently under reconstruction and is a bit out of town.

But yes, it is way too early.

Reply to: Bus to vienna
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted