We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

Thailand
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

I have a plan to travel from Budapest to Ljublijana in april 20,2015 and find out the shortest way by bus around 5 hrs. But that's the shuttle bus from Eurobusaways.com which pick us from hotel and only minimum 3 persons.

I would like to make confident so would like to know who has been travelled with them, please let me know your experience with many thanks.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,173 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

Look through the forum, this company doesn't get the best write-up

Thailand
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

Thank you GCEK., i couldn't find any reviews so would you please give me some advices.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
850 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

You should search 'Eurobusways', not 'Eurobusaway', and you'll find some threads about it.

For example:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k6887…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k6546…

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,395 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

You don't need to endure a bus for such a long journey.

There's a daily air-conditioned EuroCity train, departing Budapest's historic Keleti station at 13:35, arrives Ljubljana main station 21:25.

It costs just 19 euros ($25?) if you book online at www.mav-start.hu - the Hungarian Railways website.

You collect tickets from the little blue machines at the station, just be entering your 10-digit booking reference.

Unlike the bus, the train runs smoothly on rails, with space to stand up and move around, mutliple full-size toilets, no seatbelts necessary, and you're free to bring a picnic and wine.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
31,173 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

A guide for buying train tickets: europetrainsguide.com/Advice/How-to-Buy-Trai…

This is the train composition: www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/vlak.php… make sure you sit in one of the the Slovenian carriages (the end ones, not the first three blue Hungarian ones), otherwise you won't get to Ljubljana. Also NB it goes from Déli station, not Keleti - not so historic, but a great building nonetheless.

Also bring your own supplies and entertainment - there is a restaurant car attached and goes all the way to Ljubljana but don't expect anything gourmet. Menu here http://www.mav-start.hu/res/horvat_etlap.pdf

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
850 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

The train to Ljubljana (Citadell IC) departs from Keleti indeed:

elvira.mav-start.hu/elvira.dll/xslvzs/vt…

Actually Deli is closed now, due to serious technical problems, nobody knows till when.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
31,173 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

That's a shame - it's a nice station

Thailand
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

Thank you "Man -in-seat 61" for your advice which I could be on my first plan by don't need to depart Budapest on Sunday by Orange Bus .

Thailand
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

Dear GCEK, your llink how to buy the train ticket is cool , ithat's easy to buy and much more details and I will keep in mind to yake the right carriages,!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
31,173 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: who has traveled from Budapest to ljublijana by Eurobusaway?

Be wary of Orangeways - they get almost as bad reports as eurobusways.

However nobody has yet posted any bad reports about this route, it is mainly to Vienna or Prague that they seem to have problems (and you shouldn't use this company on those routes anyway as there are much better bus/train alternatives). Maybe on this route they are fine.