We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connect to Avlon Waterways Panorama from Keleti

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Tx
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Connect to Avlon Waterways Panorama from Keleti

We will arrive Budapest Keleti station on the overnight train from Prague and need to connect with the Avalon Waterways ship - Panorama - to begin our cruise. What is the best way to make this connection?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connect to Avlon Waterways Panorama from Keleti

Hi Retiredtraveler (jealous of the name by the way.....)

The best way would be to call a taxi - I'd recommend City Taxi by dialing +36.1.211.1111. They speak English and will advise you of the car number that will pick you up in usually about 5 minutes. City Taxi accepts credit cards (including AMEX). The ride will take 10ish minutes and be around 1500 HuF w/o tip. If you like the service, add 10%. Do you know where the boat docks? I mean - you'll need some type of address because there are many boats. At a minimum the cruise company should be able to advise which side of the river (Buda or Pest) and between which two bridges.

That is the best way - which you requested. You can also take public transportation - but with luggage it's far from the best. And depending upon where the ship is docking, the route and transport type may vary.

Jeremy

San Antonio, Tx
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connect to Avlon Waterways Panorama from Keleti

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for the quick responce. I have a request into the travel agent and to Avalon Waterways for the dock location, hopefully I will hear back soon. Wasn't sure if dock location for all ships would be in the same general area.

Thanks again for your help.

3. Re: Connect to Avlon Waterways Panorama from Keleti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:40