We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus schedule from ljublijana to lake Blad and back

14 posts
Save Topic
Bus schedule from ljublijana to lake Blad and back

Hello everybody, I'll be fisiting Ljublijana diring the next days with my kid daughter. We are interested on a day tour to lake Bled. Does anyone can refer me to the relevant bus schedule? Many thsnks :))

6 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,334 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus schedule from ljublijana to lake Blad and back

Ljubljana Bus Station: https://www.ap-ljubljana.si/en/ has all the answers. Same location is also Railway Station Ljubljana: http://www.slo-zeleznice.si/en/ . Train station for Bled is Radovljica (then you will need a bus or taxi to nearby Bled).

Mentioned in this post
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Upper Carniola Region, Slovenia
Bled
Bled
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus schedule from ljublijana to lake Blad and back

Thank you very much :))

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus schedule from ljublijana to lake Blad and back

This schedule may be easier to navigate - I've found the "official" Slovenia bus website a challenge sometimes:

https:/…

You'll want "Ljubljana AP" station. You should be able to buy your tickets when you get on the bus - I did.

Mentioned in this post
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus schedule from ljublijana to lake Blad and back

Thanks a lot :))

South Africa
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus schedule from ljublijana to lake Blad and back

We have been based in Ljubljana two weeks ago and tried various methods of transport. I would suggest taking the bus. They are more or less every hour and drop you right in the centre of Bled, 5 meters from a shuttle service, should you want one to e.g. the Vintgar Gorge.. Be aware that the last hourly bus back to Ljubljana was (still is?) at 5.30pm. Then there are two at 7.30 which are packed because they are the last for the "early" evening.Quite a wait till the next one.

Mentioned in this post
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Bled
Bled
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus schedule from ljublijana to lake Blad and back

Anyone worried about a late return to Ljubljana from Bled can also look at the train back. That is, instead of waiting an hour for the next bus, consider taking a taxi to Lesce Bled train station and taking the direct train back. Of course, that assumes you've checked the train schedule and know one is coming soon. You can buy train tickets on the train for the local trains. If you are walking around the lake anyway, you can also catch a train from the Bled Jezero station across the lake from the town, but you will have to connect (probably) to the train back to Ljubljana at Jesenice. A direct bus from Bled to Ljubljana is going to be more convenient, if you can plan it that way.

Mentioned in this post
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Bled
Bled
Reply to: Bus schedule from ljublijana to lake Blad and back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted