We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Ljubljana: questions about meds & vets, etc

Moscow, Russia
2 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Ljubljana: questions about meds & vets, etc

Dear travellers and Ljubljana citizens,

First of all please have my apoligies for my English, it's not my native language.

We're moving to Ljubljana for a year (or may be more) and thus I have several questions that make me worry a lot. Possibly you have some ideas where I can find the answers or may be you can share your experience in respective fields:

1. Re medical service: my daughter have a Konig desease (i.e. osteochondritis dissecans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteochondritis_dissecans) and now undergoes some rehabilitation after a surgery on her left knee. Where I can learn whether such rehabilitation is included in the regular medical insurance (or we need an extended package, and which one)?

2. We have several mice and rats (very cute) and one old dog. Would you advise a vet or a verinary clinic(s) that you have serious reasons to trust? It's especially important for mice & rats since they have many differences and prohibitions in treatment, and 'regular' vets may not have the necessary knowledge and/or experience to work with these anilmals.

3. Would you advise a real estate agent or agency whose service satisfies you in terms of a finding an apartment for rent (for at least a year)? I would like to find the one who/which try to truly help me in my search and not just to make money out of my task.

4. Would you advise a lawyer/legal firm dealing with expat issues whose service you particularly liked? I mean if i need a consultation re contracts, terms and modes of stay in the country, various papers and procedures, I would like to know for sure beforehand where to go.

Many thanks in advance for answers and advice.

3 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Ljubljana: questions about meds & vets, etc

I suggest you try the Expats in Slovenia Facebook page, you are likely to get more help/responses there as Tripadvisor is visited more by travellers/holidaymakers.

Moscow, Russia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Ljubljana: questions about meds & vets, etc

Thank you, I will.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Ljubljana: questions about meds & vets, etc

Regarding the vet - there is a clinic specialized in rodents at Ljubljana Veterinary Faculty. We have a pet rabbit and we are extremely satisfied with their services. They are professional, caring and reasonably priced.

The clinic doesn't have its own website (just contact information on Faculty website), but you can phone them on +386 1 4779251 and I'm sure they will be able to answer all your questions.

Reply to: Moving to Ljubljana: questions about meds & vets, etc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted