We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel After UEFA

Which Warsaw hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
79 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Travel After UEFA

I am hoping to plan a trip to Warsaw after the uefa - probably around september. I am hoping to take advantage of price drops and hotel discounts after the flood of tourists/fans has left. Can anyone help me with figuring out the best time to buy or the best airline to use? Im unsure if the best deals would be found early on or last-minute. Any help is appreciated!

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel After UEFA

When I book air tickets, I usually search for the best and cheapest offer I can find. Sometimes, it's advisable to book several months in advance, sometimes even last- minute tickets can be quite cheap. From my experience, Lufthansa and Swiss are very reliable and offer good value for money. British Airways, Dutch KLM and maybe also Air France have a good reputation and offer good connections at their hubs. As you live in Virginia, I assume that the nearest international airport is Washington Dulles. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights between IAD and Warsaw right now. United, however, offers good connections to many European cities, with the possibility of connecting to Warsaw. LOT Polish Airlines flies to Chicago, Newark and New York but their product on long- haul flights is worse than on other airlines. From my experience, the cheapest air tickets from Poland to the US are about 650$, in Septmeber it can be more expensive as it is still peak season.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel After UEFA

Hotel prices in Warsaw are much cheaper on weekends (from Friday to Sunday/Monday) than on working days (due to fewer business people). You can even get a 5 star hotel at 3 star prices.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel After UEFA

some price examples for Lufthansa (just for orientation, I know it's not valid in September):

lufthansa.com/online/…

lufthansa.com/online/portal/wfh/us/specials…

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
338 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel After UEFA

look for the tickets now

If you can find one for about 800usd buy it now

Hotels offer usually best prices about one - two months before arrival, sometimes the best time to buy is 2 weeks - this is when some of them know how many rooms they have sold.' Pick some hotels where you woild like to stay and then check their prices - in a week, two weeks, a month and two - three months. You will see what period of advance guarantees the best price.

5. Re: Travel After UEFA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:18