We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Independence Day 11th November

Sunderland
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Independence Day 11th November

Hello everyone, we will be staying in Wroclaw on Independence Day , and I was wondering if it is safe to move around the city centre on the night time. The reasons for asking this is that I have seen a few videos of demonstrations and protests which looked to very heated. We are celebrating a special birthday and would hope that we can still move around freely without any hassle. As it is our first visit I would hate to think we would have to stay in the hotel and not be able to take in all of the sights and sounds of this beautiful city.

Many thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Independence Day 11th November

Hello,

I wouldn't see why it would not be safe at all.

Wroclaw is a beautiful place and the people are very friendly and welcoming.

I would not be worried at all.

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Independence Day 11th November

Friendly reminder for upcoming Saturday. Shops closed, taxi more expensive, bars and restaurants open. The right-wing Independence march will start at 16:30 near Railway Station and finish at Rynek (Market Square in Old City). Try to avoid this area in afternoon.

Malta
Level Contributor
195 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Independence Day 11th November

I'm watching wroclaw live web cam and there's people with polish flags in the square ... is that what you were talking about please Tom? Looks like it's a calm atmosphere thankfully.

Edited: 11 November 2017, 16:38
Reply to: Independence Day 11th November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw