We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
37 reviews
Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

Hi there,

Does anybody have any recommendations for a hostel / apartment central Wroclaw? I am travelling solo so be nice to meet others.

Any friendly bars or restaurants you would recommend?

Can you pre-book a city/walking tour?

Is the bus station Wrocław Dworzec Autobusowy quite central.

Was thinking of combing travel with a stay in Gdansk.

Thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Maldon, United...
Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

There are a few hostels near Dworzec Autobusowy although I have not used any, so I cannot comment on what they are like. The bus station itself is just over a mile walk from the central square, so your definition of central depends on how much you like walking. Fortunately the city is well served by cheap trams.

Plenty of friendly restaurants and bars in the Rynek. I like Pod Fredra and CK, although everywhere I ate/drank in Wrocław was enjoyable and good value.

"Free" walking tours do not need to be booked and are generally very good: https://freewalkingtour.com/wroclaw/

Gdansk is also a nice place to visit, although Wrocław will always be my personal favourite.

dallas tx.
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

my 2 favorite areas to stay are: around kielbasniczka street behind the maly rynek...or on the opposite side of the maly rynek in the area of the white stork synagogue.....all are very lively with plenty of places right there to drink and eat

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

Thank you for your advice.

Looking forward to the weekend.

I've still not booked accommodation, some of the apartments look nice but you have to pick your keys up at different locations and then go to your apartment.

I'll either stay near the station or by Rynek, somewhere close to where the airport bus arrives / departs.

Maldon, United...
Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

I've used a few apartments in the city and the key pick-up point isn't usually too far from the accommodation itself. They won't be as cheap as a hostel though.

dallas tx.
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

its silly to stay by the train station.....lots of tram lines running frequently stop right in front of the station will take you quickly and inexpensively to your lodging.....look in the white stork synagogue area.....the tram will stop right near there....its the newly restored exiting part of town with plenty of happening places for the 20 something crowd....and right across from the rynelk solny/old town....gdansk is too far away....easier/faster to go to warsaw or poznan

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

Thanks for your replies,

Got a beautiful hotel room with a huge balcony, really modern in a stunning building, Hotel Piast.

Will do a review.

Was so tired after up and travelling from 4am, was nice to get off Airport Bus and walk across the road to hotel, shower and then explore. Lovely city.

I only know 5 Polish words, shameful.

Maldon, United...
Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

I've stayed at the Hotel Past twice - it's a great hotel and shamefully underrated.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.

I agree Ben L,

Nice staff more like a 4 Star hotel and very good rate.

My first day I got ripped off, yes, my fault, changed money at Interchange Kantor at Wroclaw Glowny!!

Pays to do research. £100 you got PLN355.... outside of Station you get PLN455.

Nothing can be done about it, common scam.

Reply to: Wroclaw for a solo traveller, accommodation? Questions.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw
Recent Conversations