We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just a couple of things if anyone can help

Sheffield, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
just a couple of things if anyone can help

Hi

I hope you are all well just wondered if anyone can help pls

How do i ring a mobile number from the uk?

premium drinks like belvedere etc and cigarettes in 200's where are the cheapest places to buy them.

and any recommendations for things to do/ places to go that are NOT tourist traps

Thank you in advance

9 replies to this topic
united kingdom
Level Contributor
355 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just a couple of things if anyone can help

I to am visiting in Jan for the first time and would like to know where to buy cigarettes in 200's and rolling tobacco. I am only there for two nights and would like to save time pounding the streets looking for them :)

Lidingo, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Silesia Province
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
839 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just a couple of things if anyone can help

Just add +48 at the beginning of a Polish mobile number.

Cigarettes are sold for the same price everywhere in Poland, so you can't overpay (depending on the brand it's around PLN 14-15 for a pack of 20 now). Most shopping malls have a shop called "tabak" or "papierośnica" or something similar and you can buy them in 200s there, I'm sure there'll be one in Galeria Dominikańska for example. Or at the airport, it's the same price. Same places will sell rolling tobacco too.

I'm sorry, I can't really help you with the premium drinks, but the prices should be similar in all places, just look for any shop called "sklep monopolowy".

Concerning the places which are not tourist traps, it's definitely Panorama Racławicka, the zoo, the whole old town and Hydropolis is also quite ok.

Edited: 30 December 2016, 22:48
Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
united kingdom
Level Contributor
355 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just a couple of things if anyone can help

Thanks for your reply very helpful :)

Maldon, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just a couple of things if anyone can help

Premium alcohol brands are also available at the large Tesco supermarket in the Magnolia shopping centre. Just remember that you won't be able to take any of it through security if your are flying.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: just a couple of things if anyone can help

We struggled to buy sleeves of cigarettes outside of the airport, there are a couple of tobacconists in the shopping centres and all the supermarkets sell them but not in 200's. Rolling tobacco is also an issue, I think they had it at the airport but not in any shops.

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just a couple of things if anyone can help

To get sleeves or wide selection of tobacco you need to visit specialized shops or 'hurtownia'. There is one 'hurtownia near "Train to the Heaven" monument http://tabak.wroclaw.pl/

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just a couple of things if anyone can help

Buying cigs for my brother was a hassle.

Tried three shops inc Carrefour. Prepare for eye rolling and "Nie!"

Best place was a Newsagent / Shop called RUCH in Wroclaw Glowny but there must be others in the city.

Just ask for a Karton/s. I was approx. PLN130 a Carton / £27

The Airport Shop in departures is practically empty and only sold L & M Lights and are expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Wroclaw
Wroclaw
Lower Silesia Province, Poland
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just a couple of things if anyone can help

Hi there

Places to visit off tourist trap we was recommended & enjoyed local art work on Roosevelt street was quite amazing done by local artist & residence its on the back of the buildings on both sides of the street

Also there some old style neon lights from the communist area off Ruska street runs between these two streets Swietego Antoniego

Enjoy 😊

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just a couple of things if anyone can help

Hi there

Places to visit off tourist trap we was recommended & enjoyed local art work on Roosevelt street was quite amazing done by local artist & residence its on the back of the buildings on both sides of the street

Also there some old style neon lights from the communist area off Ruska street runs between these two streets Swietego Antoniego

Enjoy 😊

Reply to: just a couple of things if anyone can help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw