We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

Swansea, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

We are going to Poland for the first time. What would be the easiest and cheapest method of transport from the airport to Krakow city centre?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

There are a number of posts that give detailed information. A recent one was entitled "Flying EasyJet or Ryanair - Airport to Krakow City Center ", last updated 19th April. Bus or Train depending on posters preference although train is quicker

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

We have recently returned from Krakow and had the same dilemma as you. We decided to catch the train and it was excellent. We arrived at 9.30pm and walked around to the platform (easily signposted) but there is a shuttle bus directly outside the exit that will take you there. It was very cheap and you pay the conductor on the train. It takes about 20 minutes. We walked to our hotel from the station. We are a couple in our mid 50,s and it was easy. To be honest we took local transport to both Asuchwitz and the salt mines and walked to all other places of interest.

Swansea, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

Thank you very much for your helpful advice. Regards, Lisa.

leven
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

hi there the train is very easy to use and used it before also used this guy marcin very good www.cracow-taxi.com.pl

Swansea, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

Thank you very much for your helpful advice. Regards, Lisa.

MAnchester
Level Contributor
272 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

When you come out of the terminal there is a shuttle bus infront (The only shuttle bsu so you cant get lost) Get on this bus for around 30 seconds and it takes oyu to the train station. The trains come back and fourth every 5 minutes. Get on this train and it will take you to the centre of krakow. I think it was 12 Zlotys the other week when I used it last. You cant get lost and its much cheaper than a taxi.

Swansea, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

Many thanks for your helpful information. Regards, Lisa

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

Tickets are now 12PLN

trains do not run every 5 minutes, the timetables is here

http://www.krakowairport.pl/en/3/176/35/en

Newcastle upon...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

£2.50 each on the train or £15 in a taxi, I would take the taxi every time. E-mail this guy (George) his english is very good and is full of useful information. Plus it saves you looking for your hotel dragging suitcase around.

transkor@op.pl

I go to Krakow about 4 times per year with work you will love the city.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
986 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Krakow Airport to Krakow

Can I ask where exactly the train station is in Krakow?

I will most likely get a taxi, just to save messing around, but if it's early enough, and close enough to the main square, I may take the train